Last two weeks, I watched Frozen 2 for free because my friend won two tickets from the dUCk group. The movie was interesting. I really loved the details in their cartoon animation. Anna and Elsa are very beautiful. I love all of the soundtracks in the movie.
To relate to Intellectual Property. Let's say if the movie is Malaysian-based, in Malaysia, based on the provision in Section 3 of the "literary work" includes novels, stories, books, pamphlets, manuscripts, poetical works and other writings. This means that the lyrics to the official sound track of frozen can be copyrighted to the author or owner of the said work as long as it has been reduced in material form as stated by Abdul Malik Ishak J in the decided case of Kiwi Brands.
Therefore, if anyone happened to use the same lyrics from the OSTs in Frozen 2 for monetary gain, substantially, the author or owner can claim their copyright and file a suit for copyright infringement as provided in Section 36(1) of the Copyright Act 1987.
No comments:
Post a Comment