I am a fan of Super Junior since high school. Super Junior is a Korean band based under SM Entertainment. They made a comeback on October 4th which was 5 days ago but I just had the time to finally watch the music video on Youtube and I am really excited right now. Their latest song is called 'I Think I', and the caption of the video stated 'SUPER JUNIOR 슈퍼주니어 'I Think I' MV ℗ SM ENTERTAINMENT, Label SJ' and I thought of researching the meaning behind the logo "P" in the context of Intellectual Property.
Therefore, when I googled it, the symbol is a phonogram copyright (PHONOGRAM COPYRIGHT ℗)
The ℗ symbol, is used in a Copyright notice for sound recordings. This symbol is therefore used to indicate the ownership of a sound recording. A sound recording embodies a separate copyright to the underlying musical work, and will often have a different owner i.e. the producer.
A Phonogram Copyright notice consists of: the ℗ symbol; the year of first publications; and the name of the owner.
For example:
℗ 2018 Albright IP Limited.
The Phonogram Copyright symbol is often mistaken as a symbol indicating a Patent, this is a common misconception.
Therefore, I am kind of proud to be learning a new thing today!
*Sources:
No comments:
Post a Comment